Walmart grew apace into the most important corporation, several critics troubled regarding its result on native traders, community specifically. until date Apr thirty, 2019, Walmart has eleven,368 stores and clubs in twenty seven different countries in operation underneath fifty five distinct names.
Walmart is a world store essentially associate yank transnational retail corporation that drives a property chain of hypermarkets, grocery stores and discounted division stores. the corporate founder is mister. surface-to-air missile Walton within the year 1962.
According to the fortune global 500 lists in 2018, Walmart is the world largest company with a revenue of over $500 billion along with the largest employee hiring of 2.2 million around the world. It is owned by the family and publicly traded business controlled by the Walton family.
About Walmart survey:
- Walmart grew rapidly into the largest corporation, many critics worried about its effect on local traders, small town specifically.
- Several studies are done on the impact of Walmart on local traders, jobs, and taxpayers.
- Few environmental related initiatives were taken by Walmart to increase the efficiency of energy to improvise the overall energy record which was not sufficient previously.
- They targeted to reduce greenhouse gases by 20% in seven years to reduce energy wastes co-operated with the transport facilities of Walmart.
- The company stores later decided to work and design on non- conventional energy by experimenting with wind turbines, photo voltaic solar panels, bio fuels, water-cooled refrigerators, xeriscape gardens, etc.
- Walmart became the world’s largest shop selling organic milk and the largest purchaser of organic cotton at the same time lowering packaging and energy expenses.
Purpose of Walmart:
- The Walmart mission is to save people money so they can live a better life with less cost accounted.
- The company idealizes “Save money, live better” by taking a few strategic decisions regarding the business that could improvise business and could properly justify the mission and vision of the company.
- The company uses this survey to complete customer’s satisfaction.
- To find ways to improve the company’s methodologies.
- To find ways to improve the working of the company.
- To learn about the customer’s different perspective.
- To know how curious their customers are.
Flaws in the survey:
- The cost of participation is very high.
- The gift card is awarded to very few of the lucky customers.
- Providing a gift card is less valuable than the cost of participation.
- The only way to use the gift card is to shop at the store and no other way of usage.
- The survey cannot be done offline.
- The survey through receipt gives it insufficient visibility.
Apart from the flaws:
- The incentive process for Walmart survey stays consistent.
- They only need a small fraction of customers to participate in order to satisfy their participation and sample size.
- They do not have any complaints thus, they don’t need more feedbacks to improve company performance.
- After having responses their team lack in resources to do the corresponding changes.
Read More: US Geological Survey
The company even after having social and environmental issues, it works on the development and vision stated by the company’s founder